So you know that moment when you are just about to settle on the couch to watch a (lame) movie and then it strikes… almost out of nowhere, grabbing you by the throat and it won’t let you go until you cave.
Yep, I’m talking sugar cravings and she is a down right biatych.
Lucky for you the gorgeous Lola Berry has shared her fave Zesty Lime Protein ball recipe which absolutely hits the spot, minus the sugar. The protein is also a great addition as it will make you feel fuller, so there is less chance of you polishing them all off in one sitting (no promises though!).
Best bit is they take under 5 minutes to make and only about 15 minutes in the freezer to firm up before you enjoy.
Serves: Makes 24 balls (they freeze really well too).
- 1 and 1/2 cups of almond meal (same as almond flour)
- 3 scoops of Body Science Naturals Vanilla Vegan Protein powder
- 1/2 cup of desiccated coconut
- 3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of one lime
- Seeds of one vanilla pod or 1/2 a teaspoon of the powdered jazz
- 1/2 a cup of melted coconut oil
- Pinch of Himalayan crystal salt
- 1 cup of shredded (or desiccated) coconut for rolling
Method: It’s such a walk in the park, pop all your ingredients into the blender, and then when it’s all mixed together, spoon the mixture out and roll into little balls. Next roll in the shredded coconut and pop them in the fridge for about 20 minutes to firm up. Keep stored in the fridge.
TIP: Ball rolling is much easier with slightly damp hands.
This is just one of Lola‘s many AMAZING recipes, do your self a favour and get her The 20/20 Diet Cookbook stat from here ahead of the release of her fourth book (out March 1.)