Fancy something sweet without the guilt? Whip up these ‘Almost Chocolate Balls’ this weekend and enjoy!
35 pitted dates
¼ cup chia seeds (black and white mixed) grind half in mortar and pestle and keep other half whole
¼ cup sesame seeds – grind half in mortar and pestle and keep other half whole
¾ cup quinoa flakes
¼ cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup raw cacao powder
3 tablespoons honey
3 tablespoons tahini (preferably unhulled)
2 tablespoons ABC spread (combined almonds, Brazil, cashews)
1. Soak dates overnight.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl chia seeds, sesame seeds, quinoa flakes, desiccated coconut, and cacao powder.
3. Either put softened dates in a food processor or alternatively chop dates into small pieces into a separate bowl.
4. Add honey, tahini, and nut spread to the chopped dates (either combine in food p
rocessor, or combine in the bowl with the dates).
5. Slowly add dry ingredients, mixing as you go. You just need it at a consistency that will hold the dry ingredients together, so you may need to vary quantities as you see fit.
6. Using your hands, form into individual balls about 3cm diameter.