Today’s Motivational Meet is the gorgeous and inspiring TIFFINY HALL: author of You Beauty! and trainer on The Biggest Loser Families. Get ready to get your girl crush on…
For the people who aren’t familiar with you (or just want to know more), tell us a bit about yourself
I’m a trainer on TBL Familes, 5th dan black belt and author of 8 books, fiction and non fiction including my new health manual You Beauty!
What made you choose the path of leading a healthy life and was there a particular turning point?
There wasn’t a particular turning point. It was more a lifestyle. I was lucky enough to grow up in a family of black belts. My father was an Olympic coach for Taekwondo and my mother was one of the first girls to earn her black belt in Australia. Pretty cool, huh? So health and fitness was in my life, in my blood and it felt natural that I help others to feel their best too.
It was all about my students. My focus has always been about making other people feel good, adding value and building confidence.
I am very lucky I can pass on what I’ve learned through You Beauty! It’s all the best bits of years and years of testing what is the most effective methods for weightloss, fitness and motivation. You Beauty! is a celebration of making health a lifestyle and choosing choices that release your inner sparkle.
What does your usual daily routine look like – what is on your ‘must do’ and ‘must take’ list?
- Rise and shine at 4:30am then workout (10km run or taekwondo).
- Power stretch for 20 minutes and foam rolling.
- Wash hair – I exfoliate my scalp, then cleanse and moisturise my locks. I’m a bit crazy about my hair and love washing it every day. I have a hair routine similar to a skin routine that I stick to religiously. Love a bit of hair perfume too. Don’t put real perfume in your hair though, the alcohol will damage your strands.
- Egg white veg omelette with a long black coffee for breakfast, maybe a grapefruit too. Or warm winter porridge with berries, flaxseed oil, chia seeds and coconut flakes.
- Whizz up a Salad Glass (recipe in You Beauty!) to take to work.
- Pack snacks for the day: punnets of cherry tomatoes, strawberries, nuts, pre-made bliss balls, home made salads. (I have a very active day so must BYO food on set whilst filming). I have some awesome snackspiration on my webstie www.youbeautytiffhall.com and in my new book You Beauty!
- Takewondo black belt class in the evening.
Let’s take a peek in your bathroom cupboard – what are your must have products?
- DMK cleanser and Betagel changed my skin tone and made it firmer. It also controls acne because I sweat a lot at work.
- Christian Dior lip maximiser lip gloss
- Fish oils – these help with the hair and nails
- Kerastate scalp exfoliator to help hair grow strong.
What do you always have in your kitchen (both fridge and supplements)?
I keep it pretty simple these days:
- Coffee pods
- Chia tea, green tea, English breakfast tea, herbal allsorts tea.
- A women’s multi vitamin. Echinacea for winter.
- Asparagus for the diuretic debloating effect.
- Greens: spinach, bok choy, kale, celery, Brussels sprouts, broccolini, zucchini, capsicum
- Greek yoghurt
- Premade bliss balls (recipe in my new book You Beauty!)
- Fresh white fish
- Flaxseed oil
- Apple cider vinegar shot for digestion in the morning
How important is clean, nutrient rich food in your diet? Do you follow a certain style?
It’s integral to earn your health halo! The most import aspect to wellness is the fuel you put in your body. I’m a bit of a this and that foodie. The closest diet I follow is a fructose-free friendly diet. I’m not too strict but find that this helps keep my stomach flat and my body lean. I’m not a carbophobe and I don’t mind a little bit of sugar in fresh fruit and honey. I love high protein because it helps repair my body after exercise and couldn’t live without my angel good fats like nuts, avoos, flaxseed oil, fish. I have a very high good fat diet that works well to keep inflammation down and keep me full.
How do you like to move and keep fit?
As a trainer it’s important to walk your talk. I keep fit because it permeates my energy levels but also, I’d never give a contestant or client a workout I haven’t tried myself. An excuse I hear often is that people don’t have the energy to exercise, but they don’t realise that exercise actually gives you more energy! Taekwondo is my go-to because it is social and works the mind as well as the body. I love doing black belt class with my friends. Social exercise keeps me motivated. Classes are a great way to build a strong fitness routine and new friendships.
Who or what has been the biggest influence on your health journey? These days we’re influenced by so many different sources – from friends, family, blogs, magazines and now even Instagram!!
Shannan Ponton my fellow colleague on TBL Families. We train together and he’s a great mate. He is one of the best trainers I’ve ever worked with. I love learning from him. He always challenges me.
My ninja parents – they taught me everything I know about programming fitness and training, conditioning and recovery. They taught me not only how to build a powerful physique but also how to build a strong mind.
- My health manual You Beauty! Bursting with ideas and info about nutrition, exercise, psyching yourself up and mindset, it will help you find your fitspo, tone up and reach your perfect weight in a totally fun way! Promise!
- My husband. I’m a newlywed and we are loving #marriedhangs
- Warm hearty soups. I have my favourite soups in You Beauty! And they are all under 200 calories. They are the best to take to work in a thermos.
Fave local cafe or restaurant?
Fundies in Brisbane. A great health food store and yummo menu.
As your parting gift to us – what is your favourite recipe?
My faourite recipe at the moment are my blueberry bliss balls that I cook up in bulk for the week, freeze and they’re good to go to combat any snack attack during the week. The recipe is on my website http://www.youbeautytiffhall.com/
If you want to hang out more, my Instagram is: @tiffinyhallofficial